Monday, July 16, 2012

FREE IPAD 3!

No, really. 

I write for a site called "Epinions."  I've been writing there since late 1999, I believe, and I've had a good time with it.  I make a little money--not a whole bunch these days, but over the 12 years I've cleared maybe eight grand.  I know, that's pocket change, but I have no deadlines, no assignments, and I write what I want when I want. 

In addition to the small bit I'm given for writing, Epinions holds contests.  Monthly drawings, the occasional pay-per-piece, etc.  A few months back (and again this past month), the grand prize has been an iPad 3.   Now, I've never really wanted an iPad because I have a nice little Galaxy Tab and I've been happy with it.  You know how you always say, "Well, I'd take it if they GAVE it to me?"  Yeah, that's how I felt about iPads.

And then they gave one to me.  I can't begin to describe how much fun it was, rushing over to Facebook to declare "I JUST WON A FREE IPAD ONLINE!"  I knew everyone would think it was a scam, and I did, in fact, get multiple messages from friends wanting to know if my account had been hacked.  I dunno, maybe that was only fun because I'm a nerd.

Anyway, so I have a new iPad, and I'm liking it.  It's Wi-Fi only, so we've set up our phones as mobile wi-fi hot spots, and voila!  It works wherever we go! 

Why am I posting this?  Well, mostly because I wrote a review of my iPad on Epinions, and I'd lke to have folks read that review.  See, that's how I get paid.  So come on, go read my review!  It's right HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment