Saturday, January 26, 2013

Turns Out

There's a lot more to making candles than I used to think there was.  At least if I want them to burn nicely.  There are half a dozen different types of wicks I'm going to need for the different waxes I want to try.  We've been working just with paraffin right now, have made seven candles (three orange with a spicy/cinnamon/clove-type scent, four red with a woodsy/conifer kind of smell) just for practice, seeing how the wicking works and such.  We have some beeswax and some palm wax, too.  Looking to order more wicks and some nice scents.  Bergamot, sandalwood, patchouli, a cinnamon/nutmeg/clove/holiday-type, and one more, haven't decided yet.  We have green, blue, and red coloring, and can experiment with that.

What are we going to do with the candles?  I don't know.  Burn 'em, I guess?

Epinions still in flames.  Doesn't mean I won't keep writing.  Hope you read--that's what keeps me in wick money, you know.  It's a site I'm very fond of, and this will pass.  I've been writing there for 13 years.  In web years, that's like gold watch territory.

My boy is testing for his yellow belt next weekend.  Hapkido.  He had a purple belt in some martial-y art thing when he was younger, but it was a thing offered through the public schools as a self defense for kids program, not really serious.  This is a real school, and it means a lot to him.  He's excited, and so am I!  That the test costs 55 bucks.  Not so exciting.  Dang.

Anyway, it's late and it's time.  More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment